Quality Assurance Engineer
WHY WE’RE HERE
Metisentry is the SaaS Factory. Metisentry solves complex business problems by building and growing Software as a Service (SaaS) products. Through a combination of software product development and cloud services we’re looking to help our customers change the way people do business. Since 2006, we have been empowering businesses to create efficiency through technology and achieve success.
HOW WE WORK
Not only are we passionate about empowering our clients to achieve success, we’re also passionate about empowering our team to achieve success. We’re a practical, rational, logical, organized and focused bunch. Addicted to productivity, critical thinking, problem solving and the desire for successful efficiency drive us.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The QA Engineer is accountable for contributing to all aspects of the client’s testing methodology and participating throughout the entire software development life cycle (SDLC). The position works closely with software development team and clients to manage defects, compile test results and communicate issues, risks and status on a timely basis to ensure the solution meets business requirements.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure that testing methodology is adhered to, from unit testing to system testing
- Execute test cases for assigned releases to include functional testing, results validation, regression testing, automation testing, system integration testing, user interface and user acceptance testing in comparison to the defined business requirements
- Communicate with respective architects, integrators, developers and administrators regarding status, issues and risks on a timely basis
- Participate in review sessions including test planning, requirements and design. Also participate in process improvement teams where technical acumen will be leveraged to gain efficiency and make improvement suggestions.
- Collaborate with peers and other departments to make decisions, suggest improvements and provide appropriate communication including status updates and priority discussions
- Provide input to test plan and participate in test plans reviews of moderately complex changes. Also provide input into the development and implementation of testing process strategies, standards and best practices.
- Contribute to the dev plan regarding timeframes needed for testing (including user acceptance testing [UAT]), as well as to scope documents for estimating
- Work with customers to capture and categorize feedback to continually improve quality in the product development cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience with a background in software development
- Demonstrated experience with small to medium sized projects including priority setting, decision making responsibilities and communicating results
- Proven ability to make both analytical and intuitive decisions related to achieving goals
- Proven ability to work effectively with the complete picture in focus and seize opportunities with minimal planning
- Demonstrated strong oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with clients and all levels of IT
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to write moderately complex SQL