Service Desk Manager/Director
At Metisentry we are an innovative, forward thinking, goal oriented team. Our company values are “Gets It Done, Constant Improvement, Win Together” which ensures we are always moving together in the same direction to achieve success. We specialize in the development and maintenance of SaaS platforms, which means we build businesses from the ground up! We are a rapidly growing company with a streamlined focus on continuing that growth by seeking out top talent to add value to our team.
The Service Desk Director/Manager role is for our own software products; we also offer the services of the Service Desk to other companies to use for their software products. The Service Desk team is client facing and it is run as a profit center. This role requires someone who is interested and comfortable in being entrepreneurial and involved in the sales cycle as an expert in the explanation, value proposition, implementation and pricing of the service. This is an important leadership role within the company.
The Service Desk Director/Manager is the primary point of contact in dealing with technology service, proactive improvements, relationship management and overall service improvement of the Service Desk. This role is required to identify and drive methodologies and processes that support service level management best practices across all of our customers applications. This person works closely with clients to ensure consistent quality service delivery and to identify and facilitate remediation of service quality issues as they arise.
- Management of a 4-5 person team, with the ability to recruit and hire to meet expected growth.
- Ensure smooth service delivery in line with contractual commitments being the interface between customer and technical service delivery personnel.. This includes, but is not limited to technical backlog reviews, customer service requests, etc.
- Solid technical background with the ability to provide clear and concise direction to the team
- Maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of current methodologies, technologies, services and tools
- Establish and maintain strong personal relationships gaining trust and respect with the customer base with the goal of meeting contractual commitments
- Manage the IT support desk team members and evaluate performance against established expectations
- Set high customer service standards and hold Service Desk agents accountable to those standards
- Ensure customer service requests (tickets) are handled timely and completely
- Review incident tickets for content, proper routing, first-call resolution, problem detection, opportunities for first-call resolution and timely closure
- Determine appropriateness of escalations and ensure service delivery of all issues from clients by enforcing escalation and ticket handling processes
- Contribute to improving customer support by involving yourself in situations that fall below these standards
- Establish best practices throughout the entire technical support process
- Investigate and introduce process improvement measures and provide recommendations
- Strong process orientation, problem solving & troubleshooting skills and a firm commitment to quality
- Proven capability to analyze trends and metrics, ensuring team adjustments to concur complex problems in a helpdesk environment, while maintaining a positive customer experience
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports from our systems and provide results on the productivity of Help Desk to the customers and our management team
- Manage the daily operations of the Service Desk. Currently, the service desk operates Weekdays in Eastern Standard Time, but we will be looking for this position to help us build a strategy to broaden coverage
- Attend regular customer service meetings delivering service reports in line with contractual obligations with key customers
- Prepare status and system health reports for Managed Service clients
- Extensive background in motivating all helpdesk staff to complete their tasks within SLA’s or above SLA standards
- Must be able to perform full range of managerial duties for employees supervised, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling and employee development
- Must be a US Citizen and have ability to pass customer background check
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of related experience
- Understanding of ITIL® V3 Foundation – Nice to Have Certification
- Experience providing training on technical subject matter
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes