Service Desk Technician
Service Desk Technician, Akron, Ohio
We’re searching for a reliable and motivated Web Hosting and IT Support Engineer to join our growing team! Metisentry uses technology to solve complex business problems and empower businesses to be efficient and successful. Our team provides companies with innovative solutions to manage workflow and change the way they do business. Our team-oriented culture provides growth opportunities, training, and support.
The Web Hosting & Technical Support Engineer will work on a wide variety of projects and daily tasks to maintain and improve the infrastructure that drives our business. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving skills, a general understanding of Linux and web hosting environments, and understands the importance of up time for internal and external clients. This full-time position offers competitive hourly wage and personal development opportunities. Hands-on training and coaching is provided to ensure your success!
- Provide day-to-day Help Desk support for clients.
- Field incoming calls, email, and tickets from our hosting clients. Creating tickets and setting expectations as needed.
- Create technical process documentation and reference materials for end users.
- Assist with troubleshooting complex technical issues both internal and client facing.
- Assist and support senior technicians with project deployments.
- Assist with maintaining accurate IT inventory and network documentation.
- Install, configure, and support approved third-party software applications.
- Assist internal IT with set up, configuration, and support for corporate IT hardware including workstations, printers, phones, and other devices as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Good verbal and written communication skills with customers, internal and external
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Ability to adhere to all corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and in a team setting
Exposure to any of the following Software and Applications is desired, but not required:
- Knowledge of DNS and Domain registrars
- Email (pop/imap/exchange)
- Account creation, password changes, account changes, quota limits
- Diagnostics of mail sending/receiving errors
- General knowledge of spam filtering
- Account configuration for Email Clients
- General website functionality
- Create and manage FTP accounts
- Diagnostics related to site loading issues.
- DNS changes
- Domain Management/Renewal/Transfer
- Working knowledge of PCs and web hosted applications including WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla
- Front end Knowledge of Plesk and Cpanel
- Experience using Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Asterisk/FreePBX a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technology field or minimum 2 years experience in a technical support role
- 2+ years of web hosting support experience
At Metisentry, we offer our employees the following benefits:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Company matching 401K, traditional or roth
- Paid time off for vacation or sick leave
- Investments and exposure to new technology
- An award winning team: Be part of a growing, motivated team!
If our vision and projects interest you, we’d love to learn more about you and find out if we can win together. Please send us your resume and cover letter to hr [at] metisentry.com.Apply Now